Matthew Perry’s body wasn’t in his hot tub for very long before he was found dead from an apparent drowning, which adds a whole new layer to his tragic death. According to law enforcement sources, Matthew’s body was not waterlogged when first responders arrived at his Pacific Palisades home and declared him dead at the scene.
Matthew was alone when he died. He had returned home after playing pickleball earlier in the day on Saturday at Riviera Country Club. It’s fair to wonder what the outcome would have been if someone else was around, or if his assistant had gotten to his house sooner.
Remember, Matthew got home from the country club and sent his assistant on an errand. When the assistant returned home, Matthew was unresponsive in the jacuzzi, and the assistant immediately called 911.
A search of Matthew Perry’s home did not turn up any illegal drugs. However, there were prescription drugs found in the house, including anti-depressants and anti-anxiety drugs. Law enforcement also found a COPD drug, which is often used for people who have emphysema or chronic bronchitis.
Matthew was a smoker during his life, and law enforcement found Nicorette patches and Nicorette gum in the home. This suggests that Matthew was serious about quitting cigarettes and reclaiming his health.
The official cause of death has yet to be determined by the L.A. County Coroner. Toxicology results will take at least 6 weeks to come back.