Thanksgiving is a time for family, food, and relaxation. After a hearty Thanksgiving dinner, what better way to unwind than by watching feel-good movies and shows on Netflix? Whether you’re looking for something to watch alone or with your loved ones, here are 13 options that are perfect for post-Thanksgiving viewing.
1. “Gilmore Girls”: This beloved show is an autumn favorite, and it has the perfect episodes to watch on Thanksgiving. Season three episode four, titled “A Deep-Fried Korean Thanksgiving,” follows Lorelai and Rory as they try to attend four Thanksgiving dinners in one day. Any episode of “Gilmore Girls” is perfect for the holiday, but we recommend season two episode 10, “The Bracebridge Dinner,” where all of Stars Hollow attends an over-the-top dinner at the inn where Lorelai works.
2. “Friends”: This classic sitcom is known for its Thanksgiving episodes, which are filled with laughter, nostalgia, and of course, turkey. Check out season one episode nine, “The One Where Underdog Gets Away,” where the gang’s plans for Thanksgiving go awry, or season three episode nine, “The One with the Football,” where the friends engage in a memorable Thanksgiving football game.
3. “The Holiday”: If you’re in the mood for a heartwarming romantic comedy, look no further than “The Holiday.” Starring Cameron Diaz and Kate Winslet, this movie follows two women who swap homes for the holidays and find love in unexpected places.
4. “Elf”: It’s never too early to get into the Christmas spirit, and “Elf” is the perfect movie to kick off the holiday season. Will Ferrell stars as Buddy, a human raised by elves at the North Pole, who goes on a hilarious adventure in New York City to find his real father.
5. “The Crown”: For those who prefer a dose of history and drama, “The Crown” is a must-watch. This critically acclaimed series chronicles the reign of Queen Elizabeth II and delves into the challenges she faces as a leader and as a person. With its lavish production and stellar performances, “The Crown” is a captivating choice for a post-Thanksgiving marathon.
6. “Mamma Mia!”: If you’re in the mood for some ABBA tunes and a feel-good story, “Mamma Mia!” is the perfect choice. This musical movie follows a young woman about to get married who tries to uncover the identity of her father, leading to a joyous reunion on a picturesque Greek island.
7. “Parks and Recreation”: With its lovable characters and hilarious antics, “Parks and Recreation” is an ideal show to watch after Thanksgiving dinner. Follow Leslie Knope and her dedicated team as they navigate the world of local government, delivering plenty of laughs along the way.
8. “Enola Holmes”: If you’re looking for an exciting adventure, “Enola Holmes” is a great choice. This movie stars Millie Bobby Brown as the younger sister of Sherlock Holmes, who sets out on her own detective journey to find her missing mother. With its clever storytelling and captivating performances, “Enola Holmes” is a delightful watch for the whole family.
9. “The Office”: If you’re a fan of workplace comedies, “The Office” is a must-watch. Set in the Scranton, Pennsylvania branch of the Dunder Mifflin paper company, this show follows a quirky group of employees and their humorous escapades. From Michael Scott’s hilarious antics to Jim and Pam’s heartwarming romance, “The Office” offers endless entertainment.
10. “To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before”: Based on the popular novel by Jenny Han, “To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before” is a charming teen romance that will leave you with a smile on your face. Follow Lara Jean Covey as she navigates the ups and downs of love when her secret love letters are mysteriously sent out.
11. “Schitt’s Creek”: This Canadian sitcom has gained a massive following for its heartwarming story and hilarious characters. Follow the wealthy Rose family as they lose their fortune and are forced to live in a motel in a small town called Schitt’s Creek. With its witty humor and touching moments, “Schitt’s Creek” is a feel-good gem.
12. “Matilda”: This beloved childhood classic is a nostalgic movie that the whole family can enjoy. Based on Roald Dahl’s novel, “Matilda” tells the story of a young girl with extraordinary powers who takes on her neglectful parents and the tyrannical headmistress of her school.
13. “Bridgerton”: If you’re in the mood for a bit of scandal and romance, “Bridgerton” is a perfect choice. Set in Regency-era England, this series follows the wealthy Bridgerton family and their interactions with high society. With its beautiful costumes, steamy romance, and captivating storylines, “Bridgerton” is a binge-worthy show that will keep you entertained long after Thanksgiving.
There you have it – 13 feel-good movies and shows on Netflix perfect for after Thanksgiving dinner. Whether you’re in the mood for laughter, romance, or a little bit of everything, these options are sure to keep you entertained and leave you with a warm, fuzzy feeling. So grab a cozy blanket, sit back, and enjoy some post-feast relaxation with these delightful titles.